How to perform the exercise
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip so that your palms are facing each other.
2. Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms fully extended.
3. Push your chest out and take a large step forward with one leg, lowering your rear knee toward the ground while keeping your front shin as vertical as possible.
4. Push off the front leg, returning back to the starting position.
5. Alternate legs
1. Make sure you descend deep enough into the lunge. The back knee should nearly touch the floor.
2. Do not bend the torso excessively forward. Instead, keep your chest lifted.
3. Do not let either knee cave inward.