How to perform the exercise
1. Lie on your back with your hands at your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor under your knees.
2. Tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles by pushing your low back into the ground before you push up.
3. Raise your hips to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
4. Squeeze your core and pull your belly button back toward your spine.
5. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, and then return to your starting position.
1. If you have certain health conditions or injuries or are recovering from illness or surgery, you may need to avoid exercises that work your core, knees, lower back, or glutes until you’re healed
2. Check with your doctor before you start a workout or add moves like bridges to your current routine.