How to perform the exercise
- Begin by standing with your feet about hip-distance apart, with your arms at your side.
- Slowly bring your right heel to your buttocks by contracting your hamstring muscle.
- Place the ball of your right foot back on the ground, and slowly bring your left heel to your buttocks.
- Perform this motion a few more times , alternating heels and gradually building speed.
- When you’re ready, continue alternating your right and left heels, picking up your pace until it feels like you’re jogging in place.
- Keep your back straight and look ahead. Maintain your posture.
- Keep your hands behind you