How to perform the exercise
1. Start the cable high with a straight bar, curved bar, rope, or any other attachment where you can effectively hold on and extend your arms. The most popular ones are rope or straight bar.
2. While holding onto the attachment with palms facing down, lock your elbows into the side of your body or keep them extended straight down. I personally like the cue of keeping them tucked tight against your body especially for my beginners.
3. Squeeze shoulder blades down and back: lock those shoulder blades in. THIS IS HUGE.
4. Keep back straight. You may bend at hips slightly, but NO curve in back.
5. Keep soft bend in knees.
1. Refrain from locking elbows.
2. Ensure the shoulder blades don’t tilt forward as you extend the elbows.