How to perform the exercise
1. set on the floor and straight your leg, front knee slightly bent.
2. Keep your back knee straight, your heel on the ground, and lean toward the wall.
3. Feel the stretch all along the calf of your back leg.
4. Hold this stretch for 20-30 seconds.
5. Switch legs, then alternate for a total of 3 repetitions.
- Common cause of stress fractures is calf tightness, which causes a premature lifting of the heel while running and transfers a significant amount of force into the forefoot.