How to perform the exercise
1. Set up for the triceps kickback by grabbing a flat bench and sitting a dumbbell on the left hand side at one end.
2. Position yourself on the left side of the bench with your right knee and right hand resting on the bench.
3. Using a neutral grip, pick up the dumbbell with your left hand. Keep your back straight and look forward.
4. Tuck your left upper arm close to your torso and bend at the elbow, forming a 90 degree angle with your upper arm and forearm. This is the starting position.
5. Moving only at the elbow, raise the dumbbell behind you until your arm is fully extended.
6. Pause, and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
7. Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right arm.
1. Keep your head up and eyes facing upwards.
2. Keep your body still.