How to perform the exercise
1. Load the machine with the desired weight and take a seat.
2. Sit down and position your feet on the sled with a shoulder width stance.
3. Take a deep breath, extend your legs, and unlock the safeties.
4. Lower the weight under control until the legs are roughly 45 degrees or slightly below.
5. Drive the weight back to the starting position by extending the knees but don’t forcefully lockout.
6. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
1. To keep tension on the quads, keep the knees just shy of lockout.
2. To emphasize the glutes more, push through the heels.
3. To emphasize the quads more, push through the balls of the feet.
4. Don’t allow the hips to posteriorly tilt and roll off the pad.
5. Keep your low back flat against the pad throughout the movement.