How to perform the exercise
1. Lie down with your chest placed on an incline bench angled at 45 or 60-degrees.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand extended at arm’s length and maintain a slight bend in your elbows. Your arms should be perpendicular to the floor at the starting position.
3. As you exhale, retract your shoulder blades and lift the dumbbells as high as you can while keeping your arms perpendicular to the floor.
4. Hold the contraction for a couple of seconds and squeeze your middle back at the top of the movement.
5. While breathing in, return to the starting position with a slow and controlled motion.
6. Repeat for the recommended reps.
1. You can use a barbell to perform this exercise to target your middle back from a different angle.
2. The overhand grip while using a barbell or smith machine can bring variety to your workouts.