How to perform the exercise
1. Grasp the bar with an overhand grip and begin from a dead hang (arms fully extended, about shoulder width apart).
2. Pull up toward the bar by bending at the arms and clear it with your chin.
3. Pause at the top of the exercise and then lower back down under control.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat.
1. Keep the movement slow and controlled at all times.
2. Ensure the body is tight throughout the exercise and keep the torso straight.
3. Minimize ‘kipping’, rocking or swaying movements for strict pull-ups.