How to perform the exercise
1. Take a seat on the machine and place the balls of your feet on the platform with your toes pointed forward – your heels will naturally hang off. Position the base of quads under the knee pad and allow your hands to rest on top.
2. Extend your ankles and release the safety bar.
3. Lower the heels by dorsiflexion the ankles until the calves are fully stretched.
4. Extend the ankles and exhale as you flex the calves.
5. Repeat for the assigned number of repetitions.
1. Keep the repetitions slow and controlled. Limit momentum and pause at the top to emphasize the contraction.
2. Limit depth of the heels if you feel any sort of stretch through the bottom of the foot during the exercise.
3. Try to move through the ball of the foot rather than the base of the toes.