How to perform the exercise
1. Sit upright on the bench and plant your feet on the floor or foot pads, knees bent. Extend your arms and hold the handle or cable. Move your shoulders back and down. Brace your core.
2. Exhale. Bend your elbows to pull the handle or cable, keeping your elbows tucked in and your back neutral. Pause for 1 second.
3. Inhale and slowly extend your arms, counting to 3.
1. Keep your elbows against your body during the pulling phase (except during the wide-grip row).
2. Avoid lifting your elbows up and out, which engages the biceps instead of the lats and rhomboids.