How to perform the exercise
1. Lie on your back with bent knees and your feet anchored.
2. Tuck your chin into your chest to lengthen the back of your neck.
3. Interlace your fingers at the base of your skull, cross your arms with your hands on opposite shoulders, or place your palms down alongside your body.
4. Exhale as you lift your upper body up toward your thighs.
5. Inhale as you slowly lower yourself back down to the floor.
1. Greater range of motion.
2. The sit-up is an isolation exercise used to develop strength in the abdominal muscles and hip flexors.