How to perform the exercise
1. With a dumbbell in each hand, rest the ball of each foot on a weight plate.
2. Keep your torso upright and rest your heels firmly on floor.
3. Press the balls of your feet into the weight plate and rise up on your toes as high as possible.
4. Pause, then lower back to starting position.
1. Squeeze your calves at the top of the movement.
2. Lower back to the starting position slowly to feel a full stretch in your calves.
3. Don’t bend your knees to provide momentum as you rise onto your toes.